There is increasing debate and interest around novellas. Which to me is wonderful news.
Some interesting viewpoints can be found in the articles: Ebooks Breathe New Life Into Novellas and Paris Literary Prize Celebrates Unique Art of the Novella.
This reminded me of a few amazing novellas that I absolutely love.
These books have transformative powers!
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull : A tale of a transcendent seagull in search of excellence.
- The Little Prince : The heartbreaking, mesmerizing, soul-giving account of a stranded pilot who meets an intergalactic traveler in the Sahara Desert.
- The Old Man and the Sea : Dignity and perseverance exemplified.
- Mrs Dalloway : That masterpiece of one day in the life of Clarissa Dalloway.
- The Ordinary Princess : The simplest and sweetest love story!
And a special mention for The Alchemist : a wonderful metaphor!
I do hope that we see more and more amazing novellas being published.
What’s your favorite novella?