10 Classics I want to have read :
- The full Iliad and Odyssey ( I’ve read just a few chapters of each.)
- The Divide Comedy By Dante ( Ditto)
- Khalil Gibran ( Read one poem, was intrigued. Now to find out more.)
- The Interpretation of Dreams — Freud
- ( And therefore) Jung.
- All of Shakespeare (I’ve read about 5-6 of the original plays, lots to go.)
- All of Marlowe ( Read two, 5 to go)
- Paradise Lost – Milton ( Had the first bit in the college syllabus, so haven’t dared to go back. Took me the best part of a year to decipher what he was saying in the first place.)
- Brief History of Time – Stephen Hawkins (It’s the few chapter thing again.)
- All of Dickens – In original. (I’m kind of ashamed to say, I don’t remember which versions of which books I read as a child.)
I admit, I do, I’m just about half-educated. This is why I make such wish-lists. I feel the need to get all intelligent and fast!
What do you suggest and what’s your list?